As a startup, the whole idea of advertising may be ludicrous, especially if you don’t even have a budget to pay your employees. If this is the case, you have to get creative. Not only do you need to think outside the box, but you also have to find completely new ways to transform the box. Luckily, there are many different innovative ways to advertise without breaking the bank. These methods of promoting and garnering exposure for your business will also be incredibly effective. Sometimes, it is the simplest idea that gets the biggest response. Here are five innovative and affordable advertising solutions for startups.
- Take a full page out in a local newspaper. Print may be dead – per se – but there are a lot of zombie newspapers out there still going strong. Local newspapers may only be read by a small town, but getting the word out about your startup to a small demographic and letting the word spread can be incredibly effective. All you need is a smart slogan or something catchy that will bring people to your business or website. If you can’t afford a full page – a half page can be just as effective.
- Create a viral video. By now you have probably heard about the power of viral videos. Also, creating one is affordable and doesn’t take too much time. In fact, you can easily shoot a viral video on your phone and upload it to the web. A funny, interesting, catchy video will have the power to reach thousands – maybe even millions – of people. The whole idea is to give the video viral capabilities. Not only do you want your friends to share it – you want it to be picked up by news websites and blogs.
- Place advertising on your company vehicle. If you have a fleet of company vehicles, there is no better way to advertise your product than by placing wrap-around decal advertising directly on the vehicle. Think about it – your company vehicles are seen around the community all day long – just imagine the exposure. Just make sure, though, that you find a reputable and affordable company to create these window decals. For instance, Kachina Sign Center specializes in advertising for startups and they have great rates.
- Utilize the power of sponsored blog posting. There are many applications and platforms that allow you to syndicate content on other websites. For instance, a blog post on your site featuring different products could be syndicated on a thousand other websites through links. When someone matching your demographic stats is on one of these websites, your website will pop up. This is a great way to advertise and to boost conversion rates.
- Create a scene. If you really want your startup to get noticed, you want to find a way to become very visible. One of the best ways to do this is to utilize the power of a flash mob. In a busy part of town, simply choreograph a mass dance party or some kind of theatrical event. There is a good chance that people will be taking pictures and sharing those pictures on social media. To let the world know it’s your business, you have the actors holding signs with hashtags or maybe even your own slogan. It won’t take long for people to find out that your business was behind it all. In the end, this can be a great way to get a lot of people’s attention at once.